Friday, August 29, 2008

Lexis has pneumonia.

Lexis is home today sick. Pray for her she is pretty miserable.


Well Lexis started coughing about 4 days ago. She wanted to stay home from school yesterday but I told her she wasn't sick so she had to go. I gave her an allergy pill and sent her on her way. Well the school called while I was at the dentist with Emeline. (She had a bad toothache.) The nurse said that Lexis had a fever and I needed to come and get her. I explained where I was and told her I would be there as soon as I could. I then called Grandma Helmick and asked her if she would go get Lex. When I got home she was coughing non-stop. I took her temperature and it was 102! Brian had to work so I called my Mom to stay with the girls while I took her to the doctor.

The doctor immediately wanted xrays. Her lungs didn't sound right to him. So off we went. Luckily the hospital wasn't busy and we got in and out of xray very fast. The doctor said her right lung was hazy and her left one had mucus in it. I felt so bad. So pneumonia and I thought she was faking! Poor girl. He prescribed some antibodics and told her to rest.
Here is how she is looking right now. She loves Subway so we got that for her. She is finally getting her appetite back.





She is such a trouper. Good news is she will have a long weekend to heal. They are off on Monday becasue of Labor Day!

~Terri

No comments: