Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lexis Alise

Lexis will be TEN in less that two months. She is my sensative daughter. She can get her feelings hurt pretty quickly. She loves animals. If she knows that someone is not feeling well she tries to find ways of cheering them up. Her favorite thing to do in the summer is swim. Her day consists of being in the water all day long. I wouldn't be surprised if she started to grow fins! The sun is catching up with her. I insist she put on sunscreen but many times it is the last thing on her mind. The tricks she can do are amazing. Her and Emeline put on really wonderful shows in the water. They choreograph it to their favorite songs. So I often listen to "I kissed a girl" by Katy Perry or "The Best of Both Worlds" by Miley Cirus. She is a very talented young lady.

Lexis also loves to write short stories. I told her I would start this blog but I thought it might be good if she writes her own updates. She is very smart and likes school. I might add she is very crafty. There is not a project she won't take on whether it is painting, molding clay or just doing a stamp book. She is such a sweet girl.

Lexis touched my heart last night and I just have to share this....She asked me if I loved her. I froze for a second. I replied, "Honey you know I love you." Later as she was getting ready to go to sleep I went in her room and told her I have loved her since the day I knew she was growing in my tummy. She means the world to me!

~Terri

2 comments:

Nimkee's Mum said...

What a beautiful blog, for a beautiful little girl :O)

She sounds a lot like my 10 yr old Tristan---very soft hearted and kind.

Lexis, you're Mommy does love you very, very much! I know, because she talks about you often. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Elizabeth said...

I second Mimkee's Mum...beautiful blog and Lexis, your Mom does love you too the moon and back!

Enjoy swimming - don't grow fins:-)

Elizabeth